New Business Checklist
This Business Checklist* provides valuable information and structure when starting a business, creating a business plan or expanding your business. Experienced business lawyer, Michelle DelMar, provides more than 20 steps to consider for your business plan, whether you are starting a new business or expanding your business.
- Gather your TEAM of professionals (legal, tax, etc.).
- Have your current and/or prior employment agreement reviewed by legal counsel for issues that may conflict with your business plan (assignment of rights, non-compete, non-solicitation, etc.).
- Joint Venture Agreement (Determine Duties and Responsibilities of Participants)Protect Your Assets.
- Trademark notice and registration.
- Establish Separate Entity (Personal Asset Protection)
- Determine Type of Organization (Corp, LLC, etc.) (Avoid Double Taxation)
- S-Corp Election, if entity qualifies.
- Bylaws, Shareholder Agreement or Operating Agreement
- Fed ID Number for Business
- Banking Issues.
- Business Certificates
- Business Licenses and Permits
- Commercial Lease
- Employer Posters Required by Law
- Register with State for Sales and Use Tax, etc.
- Establish Payroll System.
- Copyrights notice and registration
- Contracts and Agreements (Distributorship Agreement, etc.)
- Executive Agreement
- I-9 Forms and Immigration Law Compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Domestic and International Subsidiaries
- Exit Strategy
- Business Sale or "Wrap-Up"
- Protecting Wealth
Congratulations again; you are on your way!
Receive a FREE Consultation with Attorney Michelle L. DelMar, Small Business Lawyer, Trademark Attorney and Executive Contract Lawyer.
*Do not rely solely upon this checklist. Obtain professional legal advice from an experienced business lawyer.
Copyright (c) 2011-2019 Michelle L. DelMar, Esq. All rights reserved.
Tags: trademark registration, intellectual property rights, trademark, trademark lawyer, trademark law, trademarks, intellectual property, trademark attorney, Intellectual Property agreement, license trademark, license intellectual property