Trademark Lawyer Blog, Part 6
Why Register My Trademark?
TRADEMARK REGISTRATION CAN ADD PROTECTION TO YOUR INVESTMENT IN YOUR TRADEMARK AND BRAND
Click Here to Contact an experienced Trademark Lawyer, Michelle DelMar, Esq. to discuss your options with regard to Registering your Trademark. Attorney DelMar has more than 23 years experience in Trademark Law practice.
Why should I apply for Trademark Registration?
- Trademark Registrtion provide registrants with valuable benefits, including:
With a principal registration, federal courts will may presume that you have exclusive rights to the mark, putting the burden on the other party to prove otherwise.
- Registration is often utilized as the basis for law suits.
- Use of the encircled R is allowed for USPTO Trademark Registrations.
- Registration discourages infringement.
- The Registration will be available for USPTO Trademark Examiners to review when deciding whether to allow another filer to register a mark the same or similar to the registered mark.
- The registrant may be able to collect treble damages for infringement of trademarks if the trademark is federally registered.
Michelle DelMar, Esq., can help you register your trademark or copyright and protect your trade secrets.
This may be considered advertising under the Massachusetts and Maine Rules of Professional Conduct.
© 2014-2023 DelMar Law Offices, PC. All rights reserved. Portland, Maine USA 617.728.9800 | Maine Business Lawyer, Portland, Maine