Franchise versus Licensing Questionnaire
The following is a list of some important issues related to Franchising versus Licensing:
1. Will the Licensor/Franchisor be providing the Licensee/Franchisee with the right to use the Licensee/Franchisor's word marks or logos? Will such use be required or optional?
2. Will there be a fee paid for the License/Franchise by the Licensee/Franchisee to the Licensor/Franchisor?
3. What will Licensor/Franchisor provide the Licensee/Franchisee?
4. What will the Licensee/Franchisee be required to do or not do?
5. Will Licensor/Franchisor assist in marketing, advertising or advising the Licensee/Franchisee?
6. If Licensor/Franchisor will have some control over the Licensee/Franchisee, what will be extent of control?
Click here to schedule a consultation with Michelle L. Grenier, Esq.,to schedule a Consultation and Free Written Analysis with goals, issues and costs.
This is not an exclusive list of determining factors. Do not rely upon. Obtain advice of legal counsel with regard to your specific situation.
Franchising can be more expensive than Licensing. Find out what's right for you.
To Franchise or Not to Franchise
This may be considered advertising under the Massachusetts and Maine Rules of Professional Conduct.