What is a contract?
A contract is a promise or set of promises, for breach of which the law gives a remedy, or the performance of which the law in some way recognizes as a duty.
Risk. The biggest risk is not having a signed comprehensive contract; the second biggest risks, is in not fully understanding your contract.
Before you sign a contract and commit yourself and possibly all of your personal assets, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I clearly understand what exactly I am promising?
- Has the other party made any real promises?
- What are my rights? Do I fully understand them?
- Am I personally liable for the promises made?
- Are my personal assets at risk of seizure and sale?
- Is the contract enforceable?
Michelle L. Grenier is an experienced Business Lawyer and will provide you with cost effective, comprehensive legal analysis and advice concerning your contracts.
Click here to schedule a Consultation followed by a Free Written Summary with Anaylsis of your business goals, corresponding legal issues, costs involved, and more.